- Job Title: Supervisor (Seasonal)
- Place of Work: Cambridge University Colleges
- Reporting to: Program Coordinator(s)
- Remuneration: From £435 per week based on experience + half board accommodation
We are looking for individuals who are hard-working, energetic, socially confident and engaging, flexible, conscientious and capable of assuming an ambassadorial role for Reach Cambridge.
You will also have relevant experience working with teenagers, and be comfortable and competent in fulfilling a leadership role for them.
As a residential supervisor you will have direct responsibility for a corridor or staircase of students, which requires staying with them for the duration of the program. Supervisory staff are also expected to have the skills necessary to organise fun, inclusive and educational activities on campus and around Cambridge in accordance with our health and safety guidelines. Supervisors will also help lead and coordinate excursions to various cultural locations across the UK.
Residing overnight in Cambridge, the summer 2024 program dates are as follows:
- Sunday 30th June – Saturday 13th July 2024
- Sunday 14th – Saturday 27th July 2024
- Sunday 28th July – Saturday 10th August 2024
We will consider applicants who are available for one, two or all of the programs. Please note that all staff must attend essential training which usually takes place the Friday & Saturday before the start of each program (accommodation will be provided where required).
Purpose of Job: To ensure the smooth and successful running of the summer programs and creating a positive, memorable, safe and supportive environment for all students and staff.
1. Leadership & Support: Act as an ambassador for Reach Cambridge and be a first point of contact for all student needs, especially those on your assigned corridor. Help with any welfare concerns and behavioural incidents. Lead the student group during non-academic events and meals.
2. Student Welfare: Lead the supervision of students on the programme. Reside on-site overnight alongside students, and if needed on a corridor or staircase with a group of students for whom you will have specific responsibility. Help oversee and implement all welfare procedures and processes. Ensure any student concerns or updates are communicated promptly and clearly.
3. Communications: Help maintain an overview of the bigger picture as well as the daily schedule and ensure all updates and plans are communicated clearly to all staff, students and third parties.
4. Logistics: Plan, execute and supervise all activities throughout the program. Help supervise and lead excursions, evening lectures and workshops. Help implement smooth arrival and departure weekends. Follow all health & safety guidelines.
5. Administration: Assist with other administrative duties set by senior staff including marketing tasks, assisting in classes, pastoral care & behavioural incidents. Assisting with marketing tasks and working with the programme coordinator to ensure supervisors complete their outlined marketing tasks by specified deadlines.
6. Attend all training, workshops and meetings, and ensure you are aware of, and comply with, the day-to-day management, administrative, financial and operational procedures of Reach Cambridge. This includes all responsibilities relating to safeguarding and student welfare.
7. Uphold, protect and promote Reach Cambridge’s core values, protocols and standard operating procedures so that students do the same. Undertake all other duties as requested by the Program Director or one of their nominees.
- Articulate, engaging and sociable
- Friendly, approachable and sensitive to the needs of others
- High levels of energy, resilience and enthusiasm
- Proactive, responsible and professional
Experience and Knowledge:
- Previous experience working with young people (Desirable)
- Previous experience working in a residential setting (Desirable)
- Cambridge city, its colleges and history (Desirable)
HOW TO APPLY:
Click the button below to submit an application. Successful candidates will be invited to interview. Interviews will be conducted via zoom.
Before completing an application, please read this document on Visas and Right to Work in the U.K: Visa Notice
Reach Cambridge promotes the safeguarding of young people. Should applicants be successful, we will contact at least one referee and will carry out an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
For a printable version of the job description please download the following PDF: RC Program Supervisor – Job Description