- Job title: Curriculum Assistant (Seasonal)
- Place of work: Cambridge University Colleges
- Reporting to: Director of Curriculum
- Remuneration: From £475 per week based on experience. Accommodation may be available upon request.
The Curriculum Assistant will work closely with the Director of Curriculum to help with the day-to-day running of our summer academic subject courses. To help facilitate a positive, memorable, safe, and supportive environment for all students and staff.
Dates & Hours
The summer 2023 program dates are as follows:
- Program Preparation Week: Monday 26th June – Friday 30th June
- Sunday 2nd – Saturday 15th July 2023
- Sunday 16th – Saturday 29th July 2023
- Sunday 23rd July – Saturday 5th August 2023
- Sunday 30th July – Sunday 13th August 2023
Lessons usually take place Monday – Friday, 9am -1pm. We will consider applicants who are available for one, two or all of the programs. Please note that all staff must attend essential training which usually takes place the first Friday & Saturday. The Curriculum Assistant should be available during the program preparation week outlined above (26th – 30th June).
- Support the successful delivery of courses by ensuring all facilities (classrooms, equipment, supplies and materials) are available on time and to the required standard.
- Undertake core logistical and administrative responsibilities to help support the Director of Curriculum and teaching staff.
- Communicate regularly with teaching staff to ensure that all core messages and important updates are received and any changes implemented. Help facilitate any queries or requests from teaching staff.
- Play a proactive role in identifying potential problems and helping to resolve them in a manner commensurate with Reach Cambridge’s core goals and values. .
- Help to implement contingency plans for all academic teaching and learning resources.
- Undertake all other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the knowledge, skills and experience of this role as may be requested by the Director of Curriculum or one of their nominees.
- A problem-solver
- Articulate, engaging and sociable
- Hard-working and flexible
- Empathetic, supportive and positive
- High levels of energy, resilience and enthusiasm
Experience and Knowledge
- Current Undergraduate/First Class degree (2:1+) (Desirable)
- Cambridge city, its colleges and history (Desirable)
- Valid First Aid Certificate (Desirable)
- Experience working in an office (Desirable)
- Working with young people (Desirable)
HOW TO APPLY:
Click the button below to submit an application. Successful candidates will be invited to interview. Interviews will be conducted via zoom.
Before completing an application, please read this document on Visas and Right to Work in the U.K: Visa Notice
Reach Cambridge promotes the safeguarding of young people. Should applicants be successful, we will contact at least one referee and will carry out an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
For a printable version of the job description, please download this PDF: RC Curriculum Assistant – Job Description