- Job title: Summer Program Director (Seasonal)
- Place of Work: Cambridge University Colleges
- Reporting to: Managing Director
- Remuneration: Between £750 – £1500 per week based on experience + half board accommodation
The resident Program Director will work alongside the senior team to ensure the safe, successful and smooth running of the summer programs.
The Director will be available for the duration of our summer programs and will liaise with the Program Director and the rest of the senior team to provide direct guidance and leadership to a large team of supervisors and teaching staff. They will help oversee the welfare of our students, and will assist the other Program Director in implementing our safeguarding policy. They will help to resolve any welfare issues and disciplinary issues our students may have, ensuring all rules and regulations of the programs are upheld at all times. They will oversee the daily program schedule, problem-solve and offer solutions and contingencies where required. The role will also involve direct contact with parents and other external third parties.
Residing overnight in Cambridge the summer 2024 program dates are as follows:
- Friday 28th June – Saturday 13th July 2024
- Friday 12th July – Saturday 27th July 2024
- Friday 26th July – Saturday 10th August 2024
Please note – there will be compulsory Induction Training in Cambridge during the Friday and Saturday of your first programme (these dates are shown above). Accommodation for these training days can be arranged if needed. If you have a graduation ceremony scheduled on these days we may be able make alternative arrangements for your on-boarding. Please get in touch if you need to.
We will consider applicants who are available for one, two or all of the programs.
Purpose of Job:
To ensure the smooth running of the summer programs by: (a) looking after the welfare of the students, (b) liaising with other staff, parents, students and third parties, (c) troubleshooting & problem-solving, (d) maintaining an overview of the bigger picture & overall program schedule, (e) ensuring and promoting clear communication channels at all times and adherence to organisational processes and procedures.
- Act as an ambassador of Reach Cambridge and be a first point of contact for all staff and student needs. Help with any welfare concerns or behavioural incidents.
- Maintain an overview of the bigger picture as well as the daily schedule and ensure all updates and plans are communicated clearly to all staff, students and third parties. Work with the other Directors to make considered changes due to any unforeseen circumstances.
- Identify and resolve any difficulties students may have as they relate to transfers, accommodation, administration, communicating home, getting to venues and keeping to schedules so that their Reach Cambridge experience is as trouble free as it can be.
- Assist with urgent enquiries and, where appropriate, help to implement contingency plans.
- Ensure all staff are aware of, and comply with, the day-to-day management, administrative, financial and operational procedures of Reach Cambridge and offer advice and guidance where they do not.
- Uphold, protect and promote Reach Cambridge’s core values, protocols and standard operating procedures so that students do the same.
- Undertake all other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the knowledge, skills and experience of this role as may be requested by the Managing Director or one of their nominees.
- Articulate, engaging and sociable
- Approachable and assertive
- Strong communication and people skills
- Excellent organisational and leadership abilities
- Flexibility, adaptability and ability to cope with changing priorities
Experience and Knowledge:
- Previous experience working in a residential setting (Essential)
- Previous experience working with young people (Essential)
- Previous experience working in a leadership role (Essential)
- Cambridge city, its colleges and history (Highly Desirable)
HOW TO APPLY:
Click the button below to submit an application. Successful candidates will be invited to interview. Interviews will be conducted via zoom.
Before completing an application, please read this document on Visas and Right to Work in the U.K: Visa Notice
Reach Cambridge promotes the safeguarding of young people. Should applicants be successful, we will contact at least one referee and will carry out an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
For a printable version of the job description please download the following PDF: RC Program Director – Job Description