- Job Title: Program Dean (Seasonal)
- Place of Work: Cambridge University Colleges
- Reporting to: Program Director
- Remuneration: From £600 per week based on experience + half board accommodation
The resident Program Dean is responsible for the well-being and comfort of our students, many of whom will be away from home for the first time.
The Program Dean will be available for the duration of our summer programs and will liaise with other Reach Directors, and provide guidance to supervisors and teaching staff. They will help oversee the pastoral care of our students. They will help to resolve any welfare issues and disciplinary issues our students may have, ensuring all rules and regulations of the program are upheld at all times. They will work with the senior team to ensure the smooth running of the summer programs at all times.
Residing overnight in Cambridge the 2023 program dates are:
- Sunday 2nd – Saturday 15th July 2023
- Sunday 16th – Saturday 29th July 2023
- Sunday 23rd July – Saturday 5th August 2023
- Sunday 30th July – Saturday 12th August 2023
We will consider applicants who are available for one, two or all of the programs. Please note that all staff must attend essential training which usually takes place the first Friday & Saturday of each program.
Purpose of Job:
To ensure the welfare and needs of students are met by being available for advice or guidance on any matters during the programs. Ensure that all rules, regulations and systems are clearly communicated and upheld by students and staff. Act an ambassador of Reach Cambridge and be the first point of contact for all student welfare and comfort needs – principally in the evenings, overnight and during trips. Offer support to the Director of Curriculum and teaching staff to ensure classes run smoothly and successfully.
Duties & Key Responsibilities:
- Provide information, guidance and advice on all aspects of student life in Cambridge, and program rules, and contribute to the sharing of information and knowledge during visits and excursions in the city and elsewhere.
- Identify and resolve any difficulties students may have as they relate to transfers, accommodation, administration, communicating home, getting to venues and keeping to schedules so that their Reach Cambridge experience is as trouble free as it can be.
- Ensure all staff are aware of, and comply with, the welfare guidelines and procedures of Reach Cambridge and offer advice and guidance where they do not.
- Uphold, protect and promote Reach Cambridge’s core values, protocols and standard operating procedures so that students do the same.
- Undertake all other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the knowledge, skills and experience of this role as may be requested by the Program Director or one of their nominees.
- Articulate, engaging and sociable.
- Approachable and assertive
- Empathetic, supportive and positive
- Strong leadership which engenders trust, confidence and discipline
- High levels of energy, resilience and enthusiasm
- Flexibility, adaptability and ability to cope with changing priorities
Experience and Knowledge:
- Previous experience working in a residential setting (Highly Desirable)
- Previous experience working with young people (Essential)
- Previous experience working in a leadership role (Essential)
- Cambridge city, its colleges and history (Highly Desirable)
HOW TO APPLY:
Click the button below to submit an application. Successful candidates will be invited to interview. Interviews will be conducted via zoom.
Before completing an application, please read this document on Visas and Right to Work in the U.K: Visa Notice
Reach Cambridge promotes the safeguarding of young people. Should applicants be successful, we will contact at least one referee and will carry out an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check will be required.
For a printable version of the job description please download the following PDF: RC Program Dean – Job Description