- Job Title: Program Coordinator (Seasonal)
- Place of Work: Cambridge University Colleges
- Reporting to: Program Director
- Remuneration: From £575 per week based on experience + half board accommodation
The Program Coordinator(s) will be available for the duration of our summer programs and will liaise with the Program Director and the rest of the senior team to provide direct guidance and leadership to a large team of supervisors. They will help oversee the training of the supervisory team and ensure the team are well-informed and supported at all times, and have a clear understanding of all processes and procedures. They will oversee the daily activity schedule, allocate supervisory staff to all afternoon and evening activities, all daily duties and coordinate other essential logistics for supervisors such as time-off, performance reviews and training. They will also be responsible for problem-solving and offering solutions and contingencies where required for the daily schedule.
Residing overnight in Cambridge, the summer 2024 program dates are as follows:
- Program Preparation Week: Monday 24th June – Saturday 29th June
- Friday 28th June – Saturday 13th July 2024
- Friday 12th July – Saturday 27th July 2024
- Friday 26th July – Saturday 10th August 2024
Please note – there will be compulsory Induction Training in Cambridge during the Friday and Saturday of your first programme (these dates are shown above). Accommodation for these training days can be arranged if needed. If you have a graduation ceremony scheduled on these days we may be able make alternative arrangements for your on-boarding. Please get in touch if you need to.
We will consider applicants who are available for one, two or all of the programs.
Purpose of Job:
To provide direct guidance and leadership to a large team of supervisors, to oversee and maintain an overview of the daily non-academic program logistics including activities and events, staff meetings, time-off, logistics and training.
- Staff Training & Leadership: Assisting the Directors in delivering in-depth supervisor staff training. Attending summer preparation meetings with the rest of the senior team and undertaking core training prior to the summer. Coordinating the supervisor review meetings.
- Senior Team Support: Working directly with the rest of the senior team to help with incidents, behavioural issues and student health and safety.
- Communications: Coordinating and distributing important daily notices to supervisory staff each morning and evening.
- Student Welfare: Assisting with the supervision of students on a summer school. Residing on-site overnight alongside students, and if needed on a corridor or staircase with a group of students for whom the Head Supervisor has specific responsibility.
- Logistics: Helping to arrange and lead weekend excursions. Organising the timetable of activities, which includes arranging who will run the activities and ensuring that they are carried out in line with Health & Safety guidelines.
- Marketing: Assisting with marketing tasks and working with the Marketing Coordinator to ensure supervisors complete their outlined marketing tasks by specified deadlines.
- Uphold, protect and promote Reach Cambridge’s core values, protocols and standard operating procedures so that students do the same.
- Remain flexible and prepare to assist with urgent enquiries and changes and, where appropriate, help to implement contingency plans.
- Undertake all other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the knowledge, skills and experience of this role as may be requested by the Program Director or one of their nominees.
- Articulate, engaging and sociable
- Approachable and assertive
- Strong communication and people skills
- Strong organisational and leadership abilities
- High levels of energy, resilience and enthusiasm
- Flexible, adaptable and ability to cope with changing priorities
Experience and Knowledge:
- Previous experience working in a residential setting (Desirable)
- Previous experience working with young people (Desirable)
- Cambridge city, its colleges and history (Highly Desirable)
- Previous experience working in a leadership role (Desirable)
Click the button below to submit an application. Successful candidates will be invited to interview. Interviews will be conducted via zoom.
Before completing an application, please read this document on Visas and Right to Work in the U.K Visa Notice
Reach Cambridge promotes the safeguarding of young people. Should applicants be successful, we will contact at least one referee and will carry out an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
For a printable version of the job description please download the following PDF: Program Coordinator – Job Description