- Job Title: Media & Communications Coordinator (Seasonal)
- Place of Work: Cambridge University Colleges
- Reporting to: Marketing & Sales Manager
- Remuneration: From £475 per week based on experience. Accommodation may be available upon request.
The Media & Communications Coordinator’s role is to ensure our media and communications is lively and up-to-date throughout our summer programs and capture the everyday excitement of the Reach Cambridge summer programs.
The Reach Cambridge summer 2023 program dates are:
- Sunday 2nd – Saturday 15th July 2023
- Sunday 16th – Saturday 29th July 2023
- Sunday 23rd July – Saturday 5th August 2023
- Sunday 30th July – Saturday 12th August 2023
Duties & Key Accountabilities
- Create and lead an exciting, professional, genuine and fun buzz throughout the summer that is clearly communicated across all channels to students, parents and other key stakeholders.
- Documenting all aspects of the summer program by taking quality photos and videos of events and helping to book and oversee professional photographers if required.
- Ensuring a strong presence on social media including Instagram Story, Facebook and Twitter. Photography skills are desired for this role, as well as a working knowledge (and hopefully love) of social media platforms.
- Writing and overseeing our summer daily blogs, ensuring engaging content and quick publication to be shared with family and friends across the globe.
- Remain flexible and prepare to assist with other key tasks, enquiries and changes and, where appropriate, help to implement contingency plans.
- Uphold, protect and promote Reach Cambridge’s core values, protocols and standard operating procedures so that students do the same.
- Undertake all other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the knowledge, skills and experience of this role as may be requested by the Program Director or one of their nominees.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Articulate, engaging and sociable
- Organised and flexible
- Friendly, approachable and sensitive to the needs of others
- High levels of energy, resilience and enthusiasm
- Proactive, responsible and professional
Experience and Knowledge:
- Working knowledge of key social media platforms (Essential)
- Experience in communications and writing (Essential)
- Photography skills (Highly desirable)
- Experience in a media role (Highly desirable)
- Website and programming experience (Desirable)
- Previous experience working with young people (Desirable)
HOW TO APPLY:
Click the button below to submit an application. Successful candidates will be invited to interview. Interviews will be conducted via zoom.
Before completing an application, please read this document on Visas and Right to Work in the U.K: Visa Notice
Reach Cambridge promotes the safeguarding of young people. Should applicants be successful, we will contact at least one referee and will carry out an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
For a printable version of the job description please download the following PDF: RC Media & Communications Assistant- Job Description