- Job Title: Director of Operations (Seasonal)
- Place of Work: Cambridge University Colleges
- Reporting to: Program Director
- Remuneration: From £600 per week based on experience + half board accommodation
The resident Director of Operations role is to ensure all logistics and operations are booked, adhere to all health and safety guidelines, run smoothly and to budget, and offer a lasting, positive experience to all of our students.
Residing overnight in Cambridge the 2023 program dates are:
- Sunday 2nd – Saturday 15th July 2023
- Sunday 16th – Saturday 29th July 2023
- Sunday 23rd July – Saturday 5th August 2023
- Sunday 30th July – Saturday 12th August 2023
We will consider applicants who are available for one, two or all of the programs. Please note that all staff must attend essential training which usually takes place the Friday & Saturday before the start of each program (accommodation will be provided where required).
Duties & Key Responsibilities:
- As an ambassador of Reach Cambridge be the first point of contact for all operational needs and during non-classroom activities – principally during activities, evenings, meals and excursions.
- Book all excursions, transport and external catering by set deadlines before the summer schools, and manages these bookings within set budgets and logistical considerations discussed with the Program Director.
- During the summer, maintain an overview of the bigger picture excursions and meals, as well as the daily schedule and ensure all updates and plans are communicated clearly to all staff, students and third parties. Work with the Director to make considered changes due to any unforeseen circumstances and remain flexible.
- Remain flexible and prepare to assist with urgent enquiries and changes and, where appropriate, help to implement contingency plans.
- Ensure all staff are aware of, and comply with, the day-to-day management, administrative, financial and operational procedures of Reach Cambridge and offer advice and guidance where they do not. Uphold, protect and promote Reach Cambridge’s core values, protocols and standard operating procedures so that students do the same.
- Undertake all other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the knowledge, skills and experience of this role as may be requested by the Program Director or one of their nominees.
- A keen eye for detail
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional organisation and planning skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem skills
Experience and Knowledge:
- Experience in a similar role (Desirable)
- Cambridge city, its colleges and history (Essential)
- Previous experience on a summer school (Highly desirable)
- Previous experience working with young people (Essential)
HOW TO APPLY:
Click the button below to submit an application. Successful candidates will be invited to interview. Interviews will be conducted via Zoom.
Before completing an application, please read this document on Visas and Right to Work in the U.K: Visa Notice
Reach Cambridge promotes the safeguarding of young people. Should applicants be successful, we will contact at least one referee and will carry out an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check will be required.
For a printable version of the job description please download the following PDF: RC Director of Operations – Job Description