Teacher – Summer 2019
Job Title: Subject Teacher
Date of advert: January 2019
Place of Work: Cambridge University Colleges
Reporting to: Director of Curriculum (DoC) and Course Coordinator
Based in Cambridge, Reach Cambridge (est. 2004) specialises in offering a range of short residential academic programmes for 14-18 year olds from all over the world.
During our academic summer schools, students choose one subject course to study throughout the duration of their time with us.
Main purpose and scope of the service
The subject teacher role involves the design, preparation and delivery of classes on a subject course. Support will be given by the Director of Curriculum throughout the term of your agreement. There will also be teaching training sessions scheduled before the summer programs and weekly teacher meetings during them.
We welcome applications from any subjects.
Schedule of Services
Before the start of the program:
- Delivering session outlines and detailed session plans
- Assisting with design of diagnostic test for students (if required)
During the program
- Teaching on an academic residential course.
- Organising and supervising educational excursions and activities as appropriate to the course.
- Monitoring the behaviour and welfare of all students on the subject course during class times and communicating any issues to senior management.
- Assisting with the pastoral care of the students, which may involve dealing with any medical emergencies or issues, and keeping the necessary staff and forms up to date.
- Being updated and aware of important policies including safeguarding.
- Supporting the smooth and successful running of the summer programmes at all times during their employment.
The course dates are:
- 30th June – 13th July weekdays, 9am-1pm (Program 1)
- 14th July – 27th July weekdays, 9am-1pm (Program 2)
- 28th July – 10th August weekdays, 9am-1pm (Program 3)
Students can also join us for 4 weeks and combine either programs 1&2 or 2&3
Remuneration and benefits
Teachers are remunerated at a £30/h rate counted as session time. A single session can last from 1 hour to 4 hours and multiple sessions (spread over several days) are possible subject to course outline and availability.
Returning teachers can secure free accommodation for the duration of the program (subject to availability).
Upon agreement, travel expenses of up to £70 per program can be reimbursed.
Weekly Teacher Lunches will be provided during the program.
Each subject class has an assigned budget of £50 per students for classroom materials, experiments, trips, etc. The teachers are encouraged to use this budget upon prior agreement with DoC and Course Coordinator.
HOW TO APPLY:
APPLY NOW. Successful applicants will be invited for interview. Interviews are available in Cambridge, London or exceptionally on Skype as a first interview.
Reach Cambridge promotes the safeguarding of young people. Should applicants be successful, we will contact at least one referee and an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check will be required.
For a printable version of the job description please click here: Teacher Schedule of Services 2019