Reach Study Abroad Supervisor – Summer 2019
Job Title: Reach Study Abroad Supervisor (Seasonal)
Date of advert: January 2019
Place of Work: Cambridge University Colleges
Reporting to: Programme Director
c.£325-£375 per week including half board meals Monday – Thursday and accommodation throughout
We are looking for individuals who are hard-working, energetic, socially confident and engaging, flexible, conscientious and capable of assuming an ambassadorial role for Reach Study Abroad.
You will also have relevant experience working with young adults and be comfortable and competent in fulfilling a leadership role for them. You will also be comfortable and competent in ensuring the visiting Professor and his family are happy and well-informed.
As a residential supervisor you will reside overnight with the students. Supervisory staff are also expected to have the skills necessary to organise fun, inclusive and educational activities on campus and around Cambridge in accordance with our health and safety guidelines. Supervisors will also help lead and coordinate excursions to various cultural locations across the UK.
- Monday 1st July – Monday 5th August 2019 (5 weeks)
Please note that all staff are expected to attend essential training which usually takes place the weekend before the programme start date. (Friday 28th to Sunday 30th June).
Purpose of Job:
Supervising students aged 18+ on a residential summer school in Cambridge. To ensure the smooth and successful running of the summer programmes and creating a positive, memorable, safe and supportive environment for all students and staff.
- Act as an ambassador of Reach Cambridge & Reach Study Abroad and be a first point of contact for students throughout the programme. Help liaise with the Cambridge College staff and the accompanying Professor and his family.
- Plan, execute and supervise all activities throughout the programme. Help supervise and lead excursions, evening lectures and workshops. Help implement smooth arrival and departure weekends. Follow all health & safety guidelines.
- Assist with other administrative duties set by senior staff including marketing tasks, assisting in classes, pastoral care & behavioural incidents.
- Attend all training, workshops and meetings, and ensure you are aware of, and comply with, the day-to-day management, administrative, financial and operational procedures of Reach Cambridge. This includes all responsibilities relating to safeguarding and student welfare.
- Uphold, protect and promote Reach Cambridge’s core values, protocols and standard operating procedures so that students do the same.
- Undertake all other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the knowledge, skills and experience of this role as may be requested by the Programme Director or one of their nominees.
- Articulate, engaging and sociable
- Hard-working and flexible
- Empathetic, supportive and positive
- High levels of energy, resilience and enthusiasm
- Conscientious and capable of assuming an ambassadorial role for Reach Cambridge
Experience and Knowledge:
- Current Undergraduate/First Class degree (2:1+)
- Cambridge city, its colleges and history (Desirable)
- Working with young people
HOW TO APPLY:
APPLY NOW. Successful applicants will be invited for interview. Interviews are available in Cambridge, London or exceptionally on Skype as a first interview.
Reach Cambridge promotes the safeguarding of young people. Should applicants be successful, we will contact at least one referee and an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check will be required.
For more details of the Reach Study Abroad Programme, please see our other website http://www.reachstudyabroad.com