Reach Study Abroad Director – Summer 2019
Job Title: Reach Study Abroad Director
Date: January 2019
Place of Work: Cambridge University Colleges
Reporting To: Managing Director
£500 – £625 per week (based on experience), including half board meals Monday – Thursday and accommodation throughout
The Reach Study Abroad Director will be responsible for overseeing and running a 5-week Summer programme for a group of Californian college students aged 18 and over. He or she will coordinate logistics such as flights, accommodation, meals, activities and excursions. They will manage a small team of supervisors and be responsible for the pastoral care of the students. They will also oversee the daily programme schedule, problem solve and offer solutions and contingencies where required. The role will also involve direct contact with the professor and his family traveling with the group.
Residing in Cambridge overnight the programme dates are:
- Monday 1st July – Monday 5th August 2019 (5 weeks)
Please note that all staff are expected to attend essential training which usually takes place the weekend before the programme start date. (Friday 28th to Sunday 30th June 2019).
1. Pre-Summer preparation: Ensure that all logistics are in place, documents sent to students, full information is collated and collected and relevant summer activities and excursions confirmed.
2. Staff Management: Train, support, and manage the supervisory team before and during the summer. Undertake bi-weekly performance reviews and schedule breaks and time off.
3. Student Management: Maintain an overview of all students’ medical data, and have an awareness of any pre-existing medical concerns, seeking additional information where required. Maintain a varied schedule of activities for students. Book relevant events and meals, send out information, and follow up students as necessary. Oversee and help staff-led student excursions in the UK and abroad.
4. Run and oversee all administrative tasks. Maintain an overview of the bigger picture as well as the daily schedule and ensure all updates and plans are communicated clearly to all staff, students and third parties Keep the study abroad office manned and operational, be up to date with expenses and collating student documents. Respond to requests from the course professor and provide professional and personal support and guidance.
5. Chair weekly student meetings: make sure all students attend and are given relevant information for the coming week. Be highly prepared in advance in order to give full information and receive relevant information from students.
6. Uphold, protect and promote the Company’s core values, operating standards, protocols and HR policies and procedures.
7. Ensure all staff are aware of, and comply with, the day-to-day management, administrative, financial and operational procedures of Reach Cambridge and offer advice and guidance where they do not.
First Degree (2.1+)
Cambridge city, its colleges and history
Strong leadership and organisation
Use of the internet, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Positive, enthusiastic and motivated
Ability to work efficiently and effectively alone and within a team
Diplomatic, flexible and reliable
Must work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
Previous experiences working on student programmes highly desirable.
HOW TO APPLY:
APPLY NOW. Successful applicants will be invited for interview. Interviews are available in Cambridge, London or exceptionally on Skype as a first interview.
Reach Cambridge promotes the safeguarding of young people. Should applicants be successful, we will contact at least one referee and an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check will be required.
For a printable version of the job description please click here: RSA Director Job Description 2019
More information about Reach Study Abroad can be found at http://www.reachstudyabroad.com