Programme Coordinator – Summer 2019
Job Title: Programme Coordinator (Seasonal)
Date of advert: January 2019
Place of Work: Cambridge University Colleges
Reporting to: Programme Director
£400 – £500 per week (based on experience), including half board and accommodation
The Programme Coordinator(s) will be available for the duration of our summer programmes and will liaise with the Programme Director and the rest of the senior team to provide direct guidance and leadership to a large team of supervisors. He or she will help oversee the training of the supervisory team and ensure the team are well-informed and supported at all times, and have a clear understanding of all processes and procedures. He or she will oversee the daily activity schedule, allocate supervisory staff to all afternoon and evening activities, all daily duties and coordinate other essential logistics for supervisors such as time-off, performance reviews and training. They will also be responsible for problem-solving and offering solutions and contingencies where required for the daily schedule.
Residing overnight in Cambridge the programme dates are:
- Programme 1: Sunday 30th June – Saturday 13th July (2 weeks)
- Programme 2: Sunday 14th July – Saturday 27th July (2 weeks)
- Programme 3: Sunday 28th July – Saturday 10th August (2 weeks)
We will consider applicants who are only available for one or two of the programmes. Please note that all staff are expected to attend essential training which usually takes place the Friday & Saturday before each programme start date.
Purpose of Job:
To provide direct guidance and leadership to a large team of supervisors, to oversee and maintain an overview of the daily non-academic programme logistics including activities and events, staff meetings, time-off, logistics and training.
- Staff Training & Leadership: Assisting the Directors in delivering in-depth supervisor staff training. Attending summer preparation meetings with the rest of the senior team and undertaking core training prior to the summer. Coordinating the supervisor review meetings.
- Senior Team Support: Working directly with the rest of the senior team to help with incidents, behavioural issues and student health and safety.
- Communications: Coordinating and distributing important daily notices to supervisory staff each morning and evening.
- Student Welfare: Assisting with the supervision of students on a summer school. Residing on-site overnight alongside students, and if needed on a corridor or staircase with a group of students for whom the Head Supervisor has specific responsibility.
- Logistics: Helping to arrange and lead weekend excursions. Organising the timetable of activities, which includes arranging who will run the activities and ensuring that they are carried out in line with Health & Safety guidelines.
- Marketing: Assisting with marketing tasks and working with the Marketing Coordinator to ensure supervisors complete their outlined marketing tasks by specified deadlines.
- Uphold, protect and promote Reach Cambridge’s core values, protocols and standard operating procedures so that students do the same.
- Remain flexible and prepare to assist with urgent enquiries and changes and, where appropriate, help to implement contingency plans.
- Undertake all other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the knowledge, skills and experience of this role as may be requested by the Programme Director or one of their nominees.
- Articulate, engaging and sociable
- Approachable and assertive
- Empathetic, supportive and positive
- Gentle leadership which engenders trust and confidence from others
- High levels of energy, resilience and enthusiasm
- Flexible and adaptable
Experience and Knowledge:
- Undergraduate/First Degree (2.1+)
- Cambridge city, its colleges and history (Desirable)
- Valid First Aid Certificate (Desirable)
- Working with young people
- Summer school experience
- Experience as part of a senior leadership team
HOW TO APPLY:
APPLY NOW. Successful applicants will be invited for interview. Interviews are available in Cambridge, London or exceptionally on Skype as a first interview.
Reach Cambridge promotes the safeguarding of young people. Should applicants be successful, we will contact at least one referee and an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check will be required.
For a printable version of the job description please click here: Programme Coordinator Job Description 2019