- Job Title: Office Manager (Seasonal)
- Place of Work: Cambridge University Colleges
- Reporting To: Program Director
- Remuneration: From £475 per week based on experience. Accommodation may be available upon request.
As the first port of call in our college-based summer offices, the Office Manager will fulfil essential administration tasks to support the smooth running of the summer school. The role involves fielding enquiries from staff (both academic & non-academic), as well as students and parents throughout the program during office hours. The office is open daily (seven days a week), usually from 8am – 9.30pm, and office administrators work pre-agreed shifts during those hours.
The summer 2023 program dates are as follows:
- Program Preparation Week: Monday 26th June – Friday 30th June
- Sunday 2nd – Saturday 15th July 2023
- Sunday 16th – Saturday 29th July 2023
- Sunday 23rd July – Saturday 5th August 2023
- Sunday 30th July – Sunday 13th August 2023
We will consider applicants who are available for one, two or all of the programs. Please note that all staff must attend essential training which usually takes place the first Friday & Saturday. The Office Manager should be available during the program preparation week.
Duties & Key Responsibilities
- Create clear and effective staff and student communication systems, and, most importantly, creating a welcoming and informative environment for the students.
- Undertake core logistical and administrative responsibilities to help support the Director of Curriculum and teaching staff.
- Create and encourage a tidy, clean and professional office environment. Welcome all staff, parents, student and college staff in a friendly, professional manner.
- Oversee the finance system and helping to maintain and record the finances, expenses and petty cash for the summer programs.
- Help implement and oversee different safety procedures and protocols for students including the daily sign in/sign out book for the students based in the office.
- Work alongside the Director of Curriculum to help execute excellent subject courses, including tech and equipment support, carrying out class observations and acting as a substitute humanities teacher if required.
- Undertake administration tasks for the summer school and for Reach Cambridge’s work throughout the year including marketing and sales.
- Ensure all staff are aware of, and comply with, the day-to-day management, administrative, financial and operational procedures of Reach Cambridge and offer advice and guidance where they do not.
- Uphold, protect and promote Reach Cambridge’s core values, protocols and standard operating procedures so that students do the same.
- Undertake all other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the knowledge, skills and experience of this role as may be requested by the Program Director or one of their nominees.
- Articulate, engaging and sociable
- Hard-working and flexible
- Empathetic, supportive and positive
- Exceptional customer service focus with strong organisational skills
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to work without supervision
Experience and Knowledge:
- Previous experience working in an office setting (Desirable)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (Essential)
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise daily tasks (Essential)
- Cambridge city, its colleges and history (Desirable)
Click the button below to submit an application. Successful candidates will be invited to interview. Interviews will be conducted via zoom.
Before completing an application, please read this document on Visas and Right to Work in the U.K: Visa Notice
Reach Cambridge promotes the safeguarding of young people. Should applicants be successful, we will contact at least one referee and will carry out an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.