Office Administrator – Summer 2019
Job Title: Office Administrator (Seasonal)
Dates of Advert: January 2019
Place of Work: Cambridge University Colleges
Reporting To: Programme Director
- Programme 1: Sunday 30th June – Saturday 13th July (2 weeks)
- Programme 2: Sunday 14th July – Saturday 27th July (2 weeks)
- Programme 3: Sunday 28th July – Saturday 10th August (2 weeks)
We will consider applicants who are only available for one or two of the programmes. Please note that all staff are expected to attend essential training which usually takes place the Friday & Saturday before each programme start date.
Remuneration: c.£300-£350 per week
Board & Lodging: Accommodation in Cambridge is provided where required, as well as some meals.
As the first port of call in our college-based summer offices, the Office Administrator will fulfil essential administration tasks to support the smooth running of the summer school. The role involves fielding enquiries from staff (both academic & non-academic), as well as students and parents throughout the programme during office hours. The office is open from 8am – 10pm daily, and office administrators work pre-agreed shifts during those hours.
More information about the summer school programmes can be found at www.reachcambridge.com
Duties & Key Responsibilities
- Create clear and effective student communication systems including updating the activities board and activity webpage daily, and, most importantly, creating a welcoming and informative environment for the students.
- Create and encourage a tidy, clean and professional office environment. Welcome all staff, parents, student and college staff in a friendly, professional manner.
- Oversee the finance system and helping to maintain and record the finances, expenses and petty cash for the summer school.
- Help implement and oversee different safety procedures and protocols for students including the daily sign in/sign out book for the students based in the office.
- Work alongside the Director of Curriculum to help execute excellent subject courses, including tech and equipment support, carrying out class observations and acting as a substitute humanities teacher if required.
- Undertake administration tasks for the summer school and for Reach Cambridge’s work throughout the year including marketing and sales.
- Ensure all staff are aware of, and comply with, the day-to-day management, administrative, financial and operational procedures of Reach Cambridge and offer advice and guidance where they do not.
- Uphold, protect and promote Reach Cambridge’s core values, protocols and standard operating procedures so that students do the same.
- Undertake all other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the knowledge, skills and experience of this role as may be requested by the Programme Director or one of their nominees.
- Articulate, engaging and sociable
- Responsible & mature
- Hard-working and flexible
- High levels of energy, resilience and enthusiasm
- Conscientious and capable of assuming an ambassadorial role for Reach Cambridge
Experience and Knowledge:
- Current Undergraduate/First Class degree (2:1+)
- Cambridge city, its colleges and history (Desirable)
- Working with young people
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY NOW. Successful applicants will be invited for interview. Interviews are available in Cambridge, London or exceptionally on Skype as a first interview.
Reach Cambridge promotes the safeguarding of young people. Should applicants be successful, we will contact at least one referee and an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check will be required.
For a printable version of the job description please click here: Office Administrator Job Description 2019