Director of Curriculum
Job Title: Director of Curriculum
Date: January 2019
Place of Work: Cambridge or London
Reporting To: Managing Director
Purpose of Job:
To develop, implement, assess and refine educational courses so that Reach Cambridge is able to offer a full range of residential learning experiences to students across all disciplines.
- Manage and lead all academic staff during programmes. Work with university lectures, teachers and academics and other professionals to coordinate the design, delivery and assessment of courses across a diverse range of academic disciplines during each programme.
- Play a proactive role in the identification and recruitment of teaching talent for each program; support their induction and orientation; and ensure they develop and deliver courses in compliance with Reach Cambridge teaching standards.
- Be responsible for all quality assurance procedures relating to academia and teaching. Assess and share relevant data and application information to ensure that lessons are pitched correctly. Assess lesson plans and undertake lesson observations. Collect, analyse and share feedback from all parties before, during and after each programme to ensure all teaching is to a high standard.
- Support the delivery of courses by ensuring all facilities (classrooms, equipment, supplies and materials) are available on time and to the required standard.
- Ensure all teaching staff and students comply with the day-to-day management, administrative, financial and operational procedures of Reach Cambridge and take corrective action where they are not.
- Prepare quarterly and annual reports about curriculum development matters so that the leadership team has reliable, relevant and accessible information to allow it to make informed decisions about the business.
- As a member of the senior management team contribute to the leadership of Reach Cambridge by recommending innovative, sustainable and pragmatic ideas to curriculum development and the resolution of management, administrative and operational problems.
- Act as an ambassador for Reach Cambridge by being available for all trips and excursions and trouble-shoot and resolve operational, administrative and logistics problems as they arise.
- Support the marketing of Reach Cambridge by developing and maintaining new and existing relationships with schools overseas.
- Undertake all other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the knowledge, skills and experience of this role as may be requested by the Managing Director or one of her nominees.
- Uphold, protect and promote Reach Cambridge’s core values, protocols and standard operating procedures so that students, teachers and suppliers respect and enjoy working with the company.
First Degree (2.1+)
Masters Degree or PhD or Teaching Qualification (Highly Desirable)
Deep knowledge in at least one subject relevant to Reach Cambridge courses
Valid First Aid Certificate (Desirable)
Valid Driving Licence (Desirable)
MS Word and PowerPoint
Advanced social skills – highly collaborative and facilitative
Democratic, but assertive
Empathetic, supportive and positive
Strong leadership which engenders trust and confidence from others
Project planning – including the skills needed to monitor, evaluate and expedite deliverables
High levels of energy, resilience and enthusiasm
Self-motivated and pro-active – able to work well independently and within a team
Experience teaching at secondary school level and/or university
Previous ambassadorial role
Summer school, residential or academic study programmes
HOW TO APPLY:
To download an application form please visit: Director of Curriculum Application Form
Please send your completed application form, CV and covering letter to Jenny Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org by 1st February 2019.
Interviews will take place in February in Cambridge or London.
Reach Cambridge promotes the safeguarding of young people. Should applicants be successful, we will contact at least one referee and an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check will be required.