Bespoke Programme Coordinator – Spring 2019
Job Title: Bespoke Programme Coordinator (Seasonal)
Date of advert: January 2019
Place of Work: Cambridge
Reporting to: Programme Director
c.£400 – £450 per week (based on experience), including half board and accommodation
The Bespoke Programme Coordinator will be available for the duration of our spring programmes and will liaise with the Programme Director and the rest of the senior team.
You will also have relevant experience working with teenagers, and be comfortable and competent in fulfilling a leadership role for them.
As a residential programme coordinator you will have direct responsibility for your students, which requires staying with them for the duration of the programme. Staff are also expected to have the skills necessary to organise fun, inclusive and educational activities on campus and around Cambridge in accordance with our health and safety guidelines. Bespoke Programme Coordinators will also help lead and coordinate excursions to various cultural locations across the UK.
Residing overnight in Cambridge the programme dates are:
- March Group Programme: Sunday 9th March – Monday 18th March
- Spring Course: Sunday 7th April – Saturday 20th April
We will consider applicants who are only available for one of two of the programmes. Please note that all staff are expected to attend essential training before the programme start date
Purpose of Job:
To ensure the smooth and successful running of the programmes and creating a positive, memorable, safe and supportive environment for all students and staff. To oversee and maintain an overview of the daily non-academic programme logistics including activities and events, staff meetings, time-off, logistics and training.
- Leadership & Support: Act as an ambassador of Reach Cambridge and be a first point of contact for all staff and student needs. Help with any welfare concerns or behavioural incidents. Lead the student group during non-academic events and meals.
- Communications: Help maintain an overview of the bigger picture as well as the daily schedule and ensure all updates and plans are communicated clearly to all staff, students and third parties. Work with the Director to make considered changes due to any unforeseen circumstances. Ensure any student concerns or updates are communicated promptly and clearly.
- Student Welfare: Lead the supervision of students on the programme. Reside on-site overnight alongside students, and if needed on a corridor or staircase with a group of students for whom you will have specific responsibility. If requested, oversee and implement all welfare procedures and processes.
- Logistics: Help to arrange and execute all logistics efficiently and effectively, including meals and excursions. Prepare activities as required and in-line with health and safety guidelines.
- Marketing: Assist with marketing tasks and working with the Marketing Coordinator to ensure supervisors complete their outlined marketing tasks by specified deadlines.
- Uphold, protect and promote Reach Cambridge’s core values, protocols and standard operating procedures so that students do the same.
- Remain flexible and prepare to assist with urgent enquiries and changes and, where appropriate, help to implement contingency plans.
- Undertake all other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the knowledge, skills and experience of this role as may be requested by the Programme Director or one of their nominees.
- Articulate, engaging and sociable
- Approachable and assertive
- Empathetic, supportive and positive
- Gentle leadership which engenders trust and confidence from others
- High levels of energy, resilience and enthusiasm
- Flexible and adaptable
Experience and Knowledge:
- Undergraduate/First Degree (2.1+)
- Cambridge city, its colleges and history (Desirable)
- Valid First Aid Certificate (Desirable)
- Working with young people
- Summer school experience or equivalent
- Experience as part of a senior leadership team
HOW TO APPLY:
APPLY NOW. Successful applicants will be invited for interview. Interviews are available in Cambridge, London or exceptionally on Skype as a first interview.
Reach Cambridge promotes the safeguarding of young people. Should applicants be successful, we will contact at least one referee and an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check will be required.
For a printable version of the job description please click here: Bespoke Programme Coordinator Job Description 2019