Travel to & from the Program
Students should arrive in Cambridge for their chosen program on the start date listed on the website, and depart campus by 9.30am on the end date listed on the website. You do not need to arrive the day before or depart the day after the program dates. For example, if your program dates are 2nd – 15th, then you should arrive on the 2nd and depart on the 15th (not the 1st and the 16th).
Your arrival options are:
- Meet and Greet – this is for students flying in on their arrival day. A member of our team will meet you at the airport and accompany you on our airport transfer shuttle to Cambridge. This service is available for flights landing at London Heathrow or London Gatwick between 6.30am – 11.30am on your arrival day.
- Shuttle Only – this is for students who will already be in the UK but wish to join our airport transfer shuttle to Cambridge. You will need to meet us at London Heathrow Terminal 3 Arrivals at 10am on your arrival day. We will be unable to meet you elsewhere at the airport, and this option must be pre-booked and indicated on your travel page ahead of time.
- Self Travel – Arrive independently at Cambridge. Details on specific arrival times/location will be emailed to you just before the start of your Program.
Your departure options are:
- Airport Dropoff – students will be dropped off at either London Heathrow or London Gatwick. You should book flights that depart between 12pm – 2pm. Reminder, as per our Terms and Conditions, students with departure flights after 2pm, but who travel early via the Reach Cambridge coach to the airport for departure, will only be guaranteed supervision by a Reach Cambridge staff member until 2pm. Please note that after this time, the students will be unaccompanied.
- Self Departure – Depart independently at Cambridge. You should aim to leave Cambridge at 9.30am.
Due to the fact that Reach Cambridge students come from all over the world to form an international cohort, we are unable to organise a formal ‘group fare’ from each hub. Instead students should book their own flights (and let us know their details on the online form in their online account) to either London Heathrow or London Gatwick, aiming to arrive between 6:30am and 11.30am in order to be guaranteed a Reach Cambridge transfer from the airport to the Cambridge campus. Equally, on the return journey, students should aim to book flights between 12pm and 2pm in order to have a guaranteed Reach Cambridge transfer. Any students that arrive/depart outside these specified times will need to arrange their own transfers (we recommend booking a taxi transfer at www.airportlynx.co.uk).
When booking flights, we recommend using Camelot World Travel. You can send details of your Reach Cambridge Travel Request to them here.
As per our Terms & Conditions, obtaining a visa is the responsibility of the student and parent or guardian, not Reach Cambridge.
For courses such as Reach Cambridge, lasting less than 6 months, our students are eligible to apply for a Short Term Study Visa. Reach Cambridge is accredited by the British Accreditation Council, which means that we can supply you with a letter to support your application for a Short Term study visa.
For further information, please visit this link from the UKVI website page (United Kingdom Visas’ and Immigration Service) https://www.gov.uk/study-visit-visa.
You can also read our visa guidelines found here: Visa Guidelines.
We strongly urge you to check with your local embassy before travelling, read the information here carefully and click on the website links provided.