2017: Our Year at Reach Cambridge
It’s been a busy, exciting and inspiring year here at Reach! Highlights include our first ever spring program (read all about it in our spring daily blog posts) and our first ever 7-week summer (again – find out all about it in our summer daily blog posts). We’ve also welcomed more students from all over the world, visited more countries than ever before and we’re on track for another amazing year in 2018! See some of our stats below to find out more.
Thank you to everyone who has made this year so memorable for us and to all of our readers, followers and past & present Reach students – we wish you all a truly happy and wonderful 2018!
- Student Total: we welcomed a total of 337 people from around the world to Cambridge across 4 programs and 1 tailor-made course
- Countries represented: Students came from 50 different countries (and studied in 53 different countries)
- Groups: We welcomed school groups from across the globe including Indonesia, Singapore, China, Saudi Arabia, the UK, Japan and Canada
- Staff Total: We had an incredible staff team for our programs with over 30 staff across our senior & supervisory team, and over 50 different academic coordinators, teachers and guest lecturers
- Reach Ambassadors: We had the largest number of students sign-up to be ambassadors this year from all over the world, and we’re so thankful for all their continuing hard work and help! We’ve already had several ambassadors give presentations to their schools across the globe, and help us organise visits to their schools
- Academic subjects: We offered 20+ subject courses across both programs, ranging from Psychology to English literature, and from Medical Sciences to International Politics
- Scholarship: We offered 6 scholarship places for our spring and summer programs
- Punting: We booked 40+ punts for our various punting activities across all our programs!
- Excursions: We organised 20+ excursions across the UK including London, Stratford-upon-Avon, Oxford, Warwick Castle, Brighton and many more!
- Community Outreach: We raised ~£3000 for the amazing UK-based charity Sabre (www.sabretrust.org)
- Orange t-shirts: We ordered 50 new orange t-shirts for all our incredible staff to wear throughout the summer
Worldwide School Visits
- We visited 15 countries across 3 continents on the build up to summer 2017: Canada, Indonesia, USA, Singapore, Malaysia, Italy, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Jordan, Greece, Turkey, Japan, Bahrain, China & Hong Kong
- For our 2018 programs, we’ve already visited several countries & are excited to get started again in the New Year – email us if you’d like us to visit your school!